The Malawi Police Service (MPS) has released identities of the three people who were electrocuted to death on Sunday at Shoprite in Blantyre.
The three have been identified as Harold Chisakasa aged 30 of Mteya village T/A Ganya in Ntcheu who was residing in Ndirande township, Kriswell Jenda aged 25 of Ntala village T/A Mwambo in Zomba was residing in Kubaluti and Cromwell Billiati aged 29 of village Mpalare T/A Phambala in Ntcheu and was based at Chirimba township in Blantyre.
According to Blantyre Police Public Relations Officer Augustus Nkhwazi, the three dead bodies have been identified by their relatives.
It is said that the three together with their two colleagues were hired to fix a billboard at Chichiri Shoprite.
In the course of work, a ladder which was being used to support them to do their work fell on Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi (ESCOM) live wires.
Fierce fires engulfed the four, and were rushed to Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital by well wishers where among them three died upon arrival.
One victim, namely Victor Namweto aged 31 of Nakhoro village traditional authority Kaduya in Phalombe, survived with serious fire burns and is receiving treatment at the Central Hospital (QUECH).