Three unidentified casual workers died of electrocution at Chichiri in Blantyre Sunday afternoon.

The three deceased persons were hired to fix a Bill Board at Chichiri Shoprite in the city when they met their fate.

According to Mr William Mauya 48 of Nakhoro village traditional authority Kaduya in Phalombe of William General Maintenance, on June 10, 2018, he assigned four people to fix the said Bill Board.

In the course of working on the assignment, a scaffold which was being used to support the four do their work fell onto Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi (ESCOM) live wires.

A fierce fire engulfed the four, and were rushed to Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital by well wishers where among them three died upon arrival.

One victim, namely Victor Namweto aged 31 of Nakhoro village traditional authority Kaduya in Phalombe, survived with serious fire burns and is receiving treatment at the Central Hospital (QUECH).

The bodies of the three deceased persons are being kept at Queens mortuary pending identification and Postmortem examinations.

Police are currently working to establish the cause of this tragic incident.

You May Also Like

ZIMENE MUMAKONDA

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

From The World