Incumbent Member of Parliament for Salima North West Jessie Kabwila who recently joined the United Transformation Movement (UTM) has asked the Malawi Electoral Commission (MEC) to bar the ruling Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) from contesting in the forthcoming May 21 tripartite election over the barbaric acts party cadets.

Last week DPP cadets assaulted United Transformation Movement (UTM) National Youth Director Bon Kalindo in Mulanje in full view of Minister of Homeland Security Nicholas Dausi at the DC’s office and police are yet to arrest anyone.

On Sunday, DPP cadets went on rampage again assaulting two UTM members in the Eastern District of Mangochi.

A video clip which has gone viral on the social media shows the DPP youth cadets forcing out of the vehicle two UTM members (a man and woman) and undressing them.

The DPP cadets are seen in the Video clip bragging to be filmed while assaulting the helpless UTM members.

Speaking in an interview with the press, Kabwila asked MEC to disqualify the ruling DPP from contesting in the forthcoming May 21 polls, saying the attacks are uncalled for.

Kabwila said Malawians have had enough of the barbaric attack by DPP youth cadets targeting MCP and UTM members.

She said allowing DPP to contest for the forthcoming polls is like tolerating the unruly behavior by the Party.

“Recently Charles Mchacha called women supporting UTM party as prostitutes and now DPP cadets are all over town attacking supporters of opposition political parties and yet the President is not saying anything to condemn the mal-practice. What does that mean?

“It simply shows the party is tired of governing the country hence calling for its disqualification,” Kabwila was quoted as saying.

Meanwhile DPP spokesperson Nicholas Dausi has said the attacks are staged by the opposition to tarnish the image of the ruling party.

You May Also Like

ZIMENE MUMAKONDA

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

From The World