Two young girls of the same family have died after eating suspected poisoned food at Jumbe Village in Ntcheu district.

Ntcheu Police Station Spokesperson, Hastings Chigalu, told said the girls were aged 3 and 16 and were living with their 52 year old grandfather.

“At mid night on Saturday, the deceased were rushed to Matanda Health Centre after complaining of stomach pains. They were pronounced dead upon arrival at the facility,” he said.

The bodies were later taken to Ntcheu District Hospital for postmortem.

Meanwhile, samples have been taken for analysis at the Central Laboratory in Lilongwe.

Both victims hail from Jumbe village, Traditional Authority Phambala in the district.

In the meantime, Police are yet to make any arrests in connection to the incident as investigations are underway.

You May Also Like

ZIMENE MUMAKONDA

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

From The World