Former Lilongwe city council-LCC chief executive, Mr. Kelvin M’mangisa returns to court on November 13 to answer charges of abuse of office.

The case failed to commence last month after the presiding magistrate then, Chief Resident magistrate Ruth Chinangwa recused herself.

Head of prosecution at Malawi police Mr. Happy Mkandawire told the media that senior resident magistrate Patrick Chirwa has since taken over the case.

“The case will resume on November 13 and Magistrate Patrick Chirwa will preside over the case,” he said.

The embattled Lilongwe City Council chief is answering two charges; that of theft by public servant and abuse of office.

He pleaded not guilty when he appeared before the same court, prompting the court to ask prosecutors to provide evidence of wrongdoing.

The police are positive that Mr. M’mangisa really abused his office and stole over K 23 million in allowances.

According to Mkandawire, “as of now eight witnesses are ready to testify against Mr. M’mangisa”.

He said the number of witnesses might increase according to outcomes of continued investigations

(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)

0

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram