Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) Bruno Kalemba has said the state will not drop cases of theft and money laundering involving businessman Oswald Lutepo despite him being marked as state key witness.
The development came to light on Thursday during the case of Sithole where the state paraded Lutepo who is the main suspect in the K1.2 billion (US$2 948 403) theft and money laundering case, as their key witness.
Sithole pleaded not guilty to all three counts of possession of property believed to have been stolen, illegal possession of foreign currency and money laundering.
The top prosecutor said Lutepo was only paraded in court following his claims that he was forced to sign documents claiming that the money that was found with Sithole belonged to him.
The 27-year-old Sithole was arrested in September last year after being found with K112 million in two separate vehicles, $ 31900 and 121 000 South African rand in his house in Area 47 in Lilongwe.