An identified Man is battling for his life at Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital (QECH) after sustaining severe burns suffered in a house fire in Zambia location, Blantyre on Tuesday night.
According to the eye witness , the victim stays alone in the house and that day of the incident he was coming from beer drinking.
“After he drunk he returned home around 9 Pm. While he was sleeping the candle caught the place where he was sleeping on fire and by then he was in deep sleep as he was totally drunk.
“It took neighbours who were in their homes to rescue him after noticing that his house was all in smoke and by that time we were there the whole body had been burned beyond recognition.
“We took him to Ndirande Health Centre and he was referred to Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital the same night accompanied by well wishers since he was staying alone,” said Jalex Kampomo one of the eye witnesses.
Reports say the man uses collection of cartons (a box or container usually made of paperboard and sometimes of corrugated fibreboard)as his sleeping mat this facilitated for the fast burning of the house.