Kalikuti Hotel Manager has revealed that the recent fire incident that consumed part of its hotel in Lilongwe was caused by faulty electric wires which sparked to ignite the fire.

According Misuchi Msumba, hotel manager said the fire started at around 11pm, destroying everything in the Hotel’s northern wing, which comprise the reception, conference halls, restaurant, bar.

He said the fire stated after the collision of Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi (ESCOM) wires.

“The fire emanated from wire which collided and sparked all through to the other areas,” said Msumba.
The fire did not harm any guest escaped at the hotel.

Although fire fighters from Lilongwe City Council were seen around putting down the fire, the team’s efforts were proving too little too late as the fire was just too strong to be contained.

Meanwhile ESCOM is yet to comment on the matter.

(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)
0

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram