Former Justice Minister Ralph Kasambara who is one of the accused in the attempted murder of former Budget Director Paul Mphwiyo has blamed the State of faking additional cases to the suspects.

Kasambara made the claims this morning when the High Court resumed hearing the conspiracy case of Mphwiyo where Kasambara and his co-accused are being suspected to have attempted to kill former Budget Director at his residence in area 43 in Lilongwe on September 13, 2013.

The case failed to resume last week after presiding Judge Michael Mtambo failed to turn up for the case as he was in Ethiopia where he was being sworn-in as Judge for Common Market for East and Central Africa (COMESA).

During court hearing today, Kasambara also accused Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) Mary Kachale of trying to tarnish the image of the suspects.
“They want the public to believe that we are bad people by faking cases which we never committed,” he said.

Kasambara was referring to the recent arrest of Robert Kadzuwa on charges that he was involved in series of robberies that happened in the Eastern District of Mangochi.

Reacting to the development, Kachale said that she is not to blame for the additional cases the suspects are being accused of.

“It is the responsibility of the police to arrests law breakers not my office and the suspects should know that we are not arranging the cases,’ she said.

Two weeks ago, Kachale applied for the revocation of bail for accused on the grounds that they were threatening state witnesses in the case.

Meanwhile the Judge is yet to make the ruling on the application.

(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
0
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :


Follow our Instagram