KAMLEPO CALLS FOR THE RESIGNATION OF GOODALL GONDWE OVER MSB SALE

Date:

Opposition People’s Party (PP) Member of Parliament for Rumphi East, Kamlepo Kalua has called for the immediate resignation of Minister of Finance and Economic Development Goodall Gondwe for proceeding with the sale of Malawi Savings Bank despite Parliament passing a resolution bill restraining the move.

Kalua, who is also member of Parliamentary Accounts Committee made the call in Parliament when he stood on point of order.

In his speech, Kalua accused Minister and the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) of being in contempt of court for disposing off MSB and Indebank and he asked for his immediate resignation.

On his part, Gondwe blasted the claims saying Parliament did not pass any resolution to stop the sale of the bank and he urged Members who feel injured with the sale to take the matter anywhere.

Government has sold MSB and Indebank at MK9.5 billion and the signing ceremony took place this morning at Capitol Hill in Lilongwe.

According to information sourced by FaceofMalawi, Thom mpinganjira owner of FDH bank has acquired 75% shares of MSB while government is remaining with 25%.

Speaking after the signing ceremony, Mpinganjira assured Malawians that not branch will be closed.

Meanwhile debate continues on the sale of the bank with many Malawians expressing disappointment.

(Visited 49 times, 1 visits today)
Robert Ngwira
Attended Our Future Private Secondary School in Rumphi from 2006-2009 Holder of Diploma in Journalism from Malawi Institute of Journalism (MIJ) Hobbies, reading newspapers, going out with friends, listening to radio and watching football. Email: info@faceofmalawi.com

4 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Featured Video

click to play

Popular

More like this
Related

Watch|| Moment Man Caught Wife And Prophet In The Act on Their Matrimonial Bed

A video making rounds online has shown moment a...

See how this lady turned up for a date dressed (See Photos)

This well-endowed lady has sparked reactions on social media after she...

Teen girls brag about their b3droom skills in New Video

Another SHS girls are currently trending on the internet...

Lucius Banda speaks out on Nepman’s USA trip scandal

Veteran musician Lucius Banda who is also Presidential Advisor...