Cracked heels are a common problem today and some of the causes of cracked heels include dry air, wearing the wrong types of shoes, lack of moisture, prolong standing on hard floors and improper foot care.
Below are 9 simple ways to cure cracked heels
Honey can be used to treat cracked heels due to its moisturizing and antibacterial properties.
– add a cup of honey to a bucket of warm water and stir.
– soak your feet in the bucket of water mixed with honey for about 15-20 minutes.
– scrub your feet gently
– repeat this everyday until you see an improvement.
2. VEGETABLE OIL
A variety of vegetable oils like olive oil, coconut oil or sesame oil can be used.
– scrub your feet with pumice stone after soaking your feet in soapy water.
– wash off the soapy water from your feet and dry your feet.
– apply a good quantity of vegetable oil on your sole and feet.
– wear a clean pair of soaks and leave overnight.
– wash off the vegetable oil from your feet in the morning and repeat the process for a few days until desired result is achieved.
Lemon can be used to treat cracked heels due to its acidic properties.
– add lemon juice to a bucket of warm water.
– soak your feet in the bucket for at least 10 minutes.
– scrub your cracked feet using a pumice stone.
– wash off your feet and dry.
Bananas can also be used to treat cracked heels due to its moisturizing properties.
– mash a ripe banana into a nice, smooth paste.
– apply this banana paste to your heels and leave on your heels for 10 to 15 minutes.
– using warm water, wash your feet gently and then soak your feet in cold water for 5 to 10 minutes.
– repeat this daily until you achieve desired result.
5. VASELINE (PETROLEUM JELLY)
Vaseline can also be used to treat cracked heels.
– soak your feet in warm water and scrub.
– apply Vaseline over the entire heel area after scrubbing.
– to enable your feet soak in the Vaseline, cover your feet with soaks.
– repeat daily until you achieve desired result. For best results, do this before going to bed.
6. RICE FLOUR
Rice flour can used to treat cracked heels.
– mix 2-3 tablespoons of ground rice, few spoons of honey and apple cider vinegar to make a thick paste.
– add a spoon of olive oil or sweet almond oil if your heels are extremely dry and cracked.
– soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes.
– gently scrub your feet with the rice flour paste.
– repeat the process a few times weekly until you achieve desired result.
7. PARAFFIN WAX
Paraffin wax treatment can be very helpful if you have a terribly cracked feet which is causing a lot of pain.
– melt a block of paraffin wax and add mustard oil or coconut oil.
– allow to cool until a thin layer forms on the top.
– dip your feet in the mixture, wait for 5 to 10 seconds and dip again. Do this until you have several layers of wax built on your feet.
– leave wax on your feet for 30 minutes while covering your feet with a plastic.
– peel off the wax from your feet after 30 minutes.
– repeat procedure once or twice weekly until you achieve desired result.
Note that this remedy should not be used if you are diabetic or have poor circulation. Also ensure you do not dip your feet into hot paraffin, ensure it cools off before dipping your feet.
8. LEMON, SALT, GLYCERINE, ROSE WATER FOOT MASK
This is another remedy that can help you treat cracked feet.
– add salt, lemon juice, glycerine and rose water into a warm bucket of water.
– soak your feet in the mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
– scrub your heels using a pumice stone.
– mix 1 tsp of glycerine, 1 tsp of rose water and 1 tsp of lemon juice and apply mixture over cracked heels.
– wear a pair of soaks and leave overweight.
– wash off with lukewarm water in the morning.
9. EPSOM SALT
You can also use Epsom salt to treat cracked feet.
– add 1/2 cup of Epsom salt in a foot tub filled with water.
– soak your feet for 10 minutes.
– using pumice stone, scrub your feet.
– after scrubbing with pumice stone, soak your feet again for another 10 minutes.
– dry your feet and apply Vaseline (petroleum jelly).