As justice is yet to prevail in the case where former President Dr. Bakili Muluzi and is being accused of diverting MK1.7 billion funds from International donors into his personal account, Muluzi has made a U-turn on his earlier decision to have the case tried in the Constitutional court.
Late last year, Muluzi applied for a constitutional review in which he was asking the Chief justice to determine whether MK1.7 billion corruption case can be tried as a constitutional matter not a criminal one.
Muluzi accused former President late Bingu wa Mutharika of being behind the case.
But Muluzi through his lawyer on Friday last week made a U-turn in an application seen by FaceofMalawi reporter asking the Court to withdraw his earlier application to have the case tried at the constitutional court.
In the application, Muluzi said the case should remain on the High court arguing that the decision was done in a harry.
Judiciary Spokesperson Mlenga Mvula confirmed of the development in an interview with the Press, saying the High Court Judge has accepted the request.
On his part, Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) Deputy Director Reyneck Matemba said the case will resume at the high court as a criminal matter on April 11, 2016 and the case will run for two weeks.
Meanwhile Malawians are following the case with interest.
Follow our Instagram