Following the story published few minutes ago about the fire that has consumed part of the shop that is housed in VMV building, FaceofMalawi has established that the fire has gutted down Dreamfoam shop that solely sells mattresses.

The fire is said to have started at around 12:30pm and onlookers suspect that the fire started from an electric fault within the shop.

According to the source who rushed to the scene, said some well-wishers mainly minibus touts managed to rescue some of the mattresses while others took advantage of the situations by looting the shop.

He said Blantyre City Council (BCC) fire brigades were called in to putdown the fire but they arrive at the scene very late.

Meanwhile Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi (ESCOM) officials are on the scene to establish the cause of the fire.

(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)
0

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram