Three men have been mistakenly admitted to a cholera centre in Zambia after eating herbs (gondolosi) with “sex enhancing” qualities, an official has said.
The men were vomiting, a symptom of cholera, so worried well-wishers rushed them to the centre, Chanda Kasolo said.
It turned out that the vomiting was caused by food, beer and the herbal concoction, he added.
A cholera epidemic which broke out last year has so far claimed 70 lives in the southern African state.
More than 3,000 cases have been reported.