Information reaching faceofmalawi indicates that 35 Malawians affected by xenophobia in Durban South Africa will be repatriated back home today.
On Monday, Minister of Information and Communications Technology Henry Mussa released a statement indicating that 300 Malawians have been displaced in xenophobia attack and two people have sustained injuries.
Out of 300 Malawians, 35 volunteered to be repatriated home hence the move.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, the Malawi Mission in South Africa is currently working with the International Organization for Migration to help in the repatriation process.
Spokesperson for the Ministry Rejoice Shumba said currently the situation has normalized and that other Malawians have started returning to their respective homes.
She however said that so far no Malawian has died from the attacks that have been taking place mainly in Durban since 25th March.
Meanwhile South Africa President Cyril Ramaphosa has condemned the attack describing it as barbaric.
Follow Us on Instagram