Chief Resident Magistrate, Simeon Mdeza,has granted bail to business mogul, Thomson Mpinganjira, who was arrested on allegations that he planned to bribe judges hearing of the Presidential polls case.
Mpinganjira was brought up in the court to be formally charged.
Mpinganjira’s bail application was not challenged by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) and the court had the duty to determine if it is in the interest of justice to release him on bail with or without conditions.
Mdeza said it is the discretion of the court to grant a suspect bail or not although the ACB did not object.
Mpinganjira has being granted bail based on these conditions;
– He pays K1 million cash bond and non cash bond of K5 million.
– That he surrenders travel documents to the courts.
– He appears before any ACB formation once every fortnight on Mondays.
– He produces two reliable sureties tied to a non cash bond of K3 million.
– He should not interfere with the ACB’s witnesses.
– Mpinganjira should inform the ACB, in writing, if he intends to travel outside the country.
Follow our Instagram