Edward Zuma, the son of South Africa’s Former President Jacob Zuma on Tuesday accused the State of wasting taxpayers’ money by pursuing the case against his father.

Zuma and French arms company Thales face charges of fraud, corruption, and racketeering linked to the multi-billion-rand Arms Deal.

The former president appeared in Court on Tuesday where the matter was postponed to 8 September after the State requested more time to prepare its case.

State prosecutor Billy Downer said that while they were ready to start with the trial against Zuma and Thales, it could be difficult getting some witnesses who were abroad to testify in the matter due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.

Edward Zuma said that the State was victimising his father.

“We are unhappy and I think it has to go to a level wherein they themselves should make an application to strike this matter off the roll because they don’t know what they want from Mr Zuma,” the young Zuma said.

The former president’s son said the State had no case against his father and suspected that the matter would be postponed again in September.

At the same time, Zuma’s supporters on Tuesday called for a commission of inquiry into the politicisation of the judicial system.

The former president had previously argued that charges against him were initiated by his political adversaries and his supporters wanted this claim to be investigated.

(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)

0

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram