South Africa’s police minister has said the suspect who killed himself in police custody had confessed to the murders of several women in rural KwaZulu-Natal.

Hundreds of community members gathered outside the Mzumbe magistrates’ court on Monday hoping to catch a glimpse of the suspects who were arrested for the murders of five women – whose bodies had been found on a sugarcane farm between April and August.

People who live here were angered when they were told that the main suspect killed himself in custody.

Some were even demanding to see his body as proof.

Police Minister Bheki Cele addressed the crowd, telling them the suspect who killed himself had confessed to the crimes while a second accused was beaten up by inmates.

The minister also revealed that police believe there might be more women whose bodies have not yet been found.

Meanwhile, police are now forced to go back to the drawing board because there is insufficient evidence to link the remaining suspect to the murders.

(Visited 128 times, 1 visits today)
0
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :


Follow our Instagram