Security officers in Kenya are investigating a man who attempted to bury alive his son aged 2 years old.
Kennedy Otieno claimed that the boy was not his biological child.
Waware South Assistant chief Peter Asewe said he received a complaint on Monday and they visited the home to established what happened.
They discovered that Otieno had dug a grave where he intended to bury the child.
The assistant chief said they are engaging the family including the suspect to establish the genesis of the problem before necessary action is taken.
Speaking to Radio Ramogi, Beatrice Auma Okelo (mother of the suspect) said she found her son carrying the child towards the grave at around 1am on Saturday.
She snatched the child from him and later filed a complaint at the assistant chiefâ€™s office.
Mrs. Akelo said her 30-year-old son had been under the influence of alcohol and insisted that his wife got the child out of wedlock.
She said her daughter â€“in-law ran away because of the frustration from Otieno.
Follow our Instagram