Uganda Police in Fort Portal on Sunday arrested several suspects who were suspected to have been participating in a sex party.

The suspects were arrested in a bar in Kisenyi.

Festus Bandeba the deputy resident district commissioner for Kabarole said he was called by some people who were passing by and found the revelers engaging in sexual acts in the open.

According to Bandeba, they received intelligence information about the sex party and immediately went with the police to the scene.

Bandeba said that it was a shock when he stormed the bar and found revelers busy engaging in a sex party.

“I called the District Police Commander and we found over 80 people and they were engaging in a sex party we arrested some of them and they are currently being detained at Fort Portal Central Police Station,” Bandeba said.

He said the manager of the bar and some of the staff have also been detained at Fort Portal central police station.

He said the suspects have been charged with disobedience of lawful orders and doing acts that are likely to cause the spread of an infectious disease.

“We have engaged the management of the bar and the Fort Portal City Council officials to officially close the bar,” Bandeba said.

Bandeba said that among those arrested were juveniles who were also participating in the sex party.

Thomas Rwabwoni the town clerk for central division said  they have never permitted Giraffe bar to operate since bars were closed.

He said that it was a shame that such bad acts are also being practiced in Fort Portal and warned the people not to be lured into such shameful acts.

“We have never allowed the management of the bar to operate we were shocked to learn about the incident which occurred on Sunday and we are closing the premises immediately,” Rwabwoni said.

Justine Kemigisa a resident of Kisenyi said that the sex party was kept as a top-secret and only known by the organisers.

“Since the bars were closed the place has been operating people have been drinking in the evening hours but on Sunday the gates were open as early as 2:00pm and we saw cars entering there,” Kemigisa said.

She said that by 6:00pm music there was  loud music playing  and people continued enjoying the music and locals were not allowed to enter until when police and the army raided the place,” she said.

By press time both the manager and some of the staff were still being detained at Fort Portal Central Police Station.

(Visited 474 times, 1 visits today)


Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram