Smallholder Farmer Fertilizer Revolving Fund of Malawi (SFFRFM) employees has started a sit-in to push for salary increment, faceofmalawi can reveal.
According to information at hand, the disgruntled workers want management to increase their salaries by 20 to 30 percent.
A visit to one of the SFFRFM officers, faceofmalawi reporter saw the workers just hovering outside the offices.
The workers also told the reporter that they want the management to first consider employees whenever a vacancy exists in the Fund before advertising to the general public.
The workers have since vowed to only resume work once all their grievances are resolved.
Some the demands are as follows
1. Salary increment between 20 to 30 %
2. Salaries for temporary employees to be at the entry point of the permanent employees
3. In-house Medical scheme
4. Consideration for qualified employees whenever a vacancy exists in the Fund before advertising to the general public
5. Car and House loans to be brought back
6. Allowances which seem to have been dealt with already
7. Educational Loans to revert back to the previous one. We can’t be waiting for our bosses to recommend us for our own studies. This is a loan not a grant. By the way how can most of our bosses recommend us when what you have is already a higher qualification than what they hold? This is not realistic guys
Follow Us on Instagram