The Malawi Electoral Commission (MEC) says it will hold by-elections in seven constituencies and two wards on March 30, the Commission announced in a statement.
In readiness of the forthcoming by-elections MEC will conduct stakeholders’ meetings on Friday, February 19, scheduled as follows:
1. Nsanje Central Constituency at Fatima TDC.
2. Nsanje North Constituency at Mpasa TDC.
3. Chikwawa East Constituency at Livunzu TDC.
4. Ntchisi North Constituency at Malomo TDC.
5. Zomba Changalume Constituency at St Anthony TDC.
6. Lilongwe Msinja South Constituency at Chankhandwe TDC.
7. Karonga North West Constituency at Maghemo Sec School Hall.
The launch meetings in the wards will take place on Saturday,February 20, as follows:
8. Liviridzi Ward in Balaka West Constituency at Kankao TDC.
9. Chitakale Ward in Mulanje South Constituency at Mulanje Council Hall.
The Commission is inviting all stakeholders to these public meetings where it will give clarification on all pertinent issues and release the electoral calendar.
Follow Us on Instagram