A Russian woman has died of electric shock after her smartphone fell in the bath while she was charging it.
Office worker Anastasia Scherbinina, 25, who had previously worked as an aide to the local MP, was taking a bath when she was electrocuted at her home in Novosibirsk, reports say.
‚ÄúShe took a bath before going to sleep, and had her smartphone with her,‚ÄĚ said a report citing law enforcement.
‚ÄúIt was almost out of charge, so she used a power cable, so as not to be apart with the smartphone even when taking a bath.
‚ÄúShe dropped the phone and was electrocuted.
‚ÄúShe died instantly.‚ÄĚ
Police are understood to be investigating the circumstances of her death.
The tragedy follows warnings from the Russian authorities and police following a succession of deaths from electric shock by young people using phones in baths.
Follow Us on Instagram