A 42 year old man, Madalitso Kafa, has died after being electrocuted in Dowa District.
Dowa Police spokesperson, Gladson M’bumpha, said the deceased met his fate on October 31, 2021 at Mtata Village in the district.
He said on the day, Kafa was pruning a tree near his house which was beneath Escom power lines.
It is said that whilst in the carrying out the activity, some branches of the tree which he was pruning got entangled with the Escom power lines and he got electrocuted.
According to M’bumpha, Kafa fainted on the spot and was taken to Dowa District Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Postmortem conducted at the hospital confirmed that death was due to electric shock.
Kafa hailed from Mtata Village in Traditional Authority Mkukula’s area in the district.