ZAMBIA; A Lusaka-based employee of Zesco has lost his life from electrocution while duty this last evening.
Fackson Mbewe died as he was trying to remove tree branches that fell on electrical cables at Chibelo substation.
According to Police the deceased was pronounced dead upon arrival at the University Teaching Hospitals in Lusaka.
Zambia Police public relations officer Godfrey Chilabi disclosed to Kalemba that the incident occurred on January 23, 2023 around 21:30 hours.
Chilabi added the body of Mbewe is in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.