It was the first of its kind, now it lies in ruins.
The Mpale Cultural Village in Mangochi, which used to bring together local and foreign tourists to learn Malawian (mostly the Yao) culture, was consumed by fire on Sunday, October 5.
Mpale was established by the Malawi government with the intention of protecting the national heritage. It had a lodge, a tradition village and a museum.
According to reports coming up, the fire that consumed the only Cultural Village in the land was started by a cigarette butt of one of the local patrons who left it lying carelessly with its fire not yet dead.
So far, the culprit is yet to be identified as Mpale Cultural Village awaits to get back on its knees.
Follow Us on Instagram