President Professor Arthur Peter Mutharika has appointed a Task Force to enquire into the circumstances that led to the tragic loss of life of eight people and injuries to others at the Bingu National Stadium on 6th July 2017.
The appointment of the task force comes barely days after Civil Society Organizations and leader of opposition Dr. Lazarus Chakwera who is also Malawi Congress Party (MCP) President proposed for an independent inquiry on the matter.
In a statement released on Monday signed by Presidential Press Officer Mgeme Kalilani, President Mutharika has appointed Principal Secretary in the Office of the President and Cabinet (Administration), Mr. Zangazanga Chikhosi as Chairperson
Below is the full list of members
1) Principal Secretary in the Office of the President and Cabinet (Administration), Mr. Zangazanga Chikhosi as Chairperson.
2) Principal Secretary in the Ministry of Home Affairs, Mr. Sam Madula.
3) Principal Secretary in the Ministry of Labour, Youth and Manpower Development, Mr. Joseph Mwandidya
4) Football Association of Malawi (FAM) Representative
5) Senior Assistant Chief State Advocate from the Ministry of Justice, Dr. Steven Kayuni as its Secretary
The Task Force shall undertake the work within two weeks and report on its findings together with recommendations and measures to be taken to avoid similar occurrences in future.
Follow Us on Instagram