A 34-year-old Indian national has died after being electrocuted by high power voltage at Njereza Cement Factory in Mangochi.

Deputy Public Relations Officer for Mangochi Police Station Amina Daudi identified the man as Gongala Brahamanda who hailed from lndia and was working as an electrical engineer at the factory’s power substation.

Daudi said on this fateful day, as usual Gongala wanted to collect parameter readings from the electrical substation cage unfortunately he forgot to switch off the power.

In the process he was electrocuted by the high voltage power and he fell down after screaming for help.

His workmates rushed to the spot and took him to Koche community health centre where he was pronounced dead upon arrival.

The Police visited the scene of incident and postmortem conducted at the same hospital confirmed that death was due to electrocution.

The dead body is yet to be conveyed to India.

(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)


Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram