Three members of the same family and a man in Mchinji have died after being electrocuted by lightening an incident that occurred on December 17 2018.

In separate occurrences, a 34 year old mother at Lumbanga Village in the area of traditional authority Mkanda at around 1800 hours was with her two daughters and a son in a kitchen preparing food for that particular day.

In the process, it is reported that heavy rainfall which was associated with lightening and thunders started.

Over a sudden the whole family was struck and electrocuted by the lightening. The mother Clara Andrew Mbewe together with her two daughters; Judith (8) and Enelesi Andrew Banda (4) died on the spot while Evance (10) survived with electric burns and was rushed to Mkanda Health Centre where he is battling for life.

At Kalumbu estate in same traditional authority Mkanda, a 41 year old man commonly known as Kadzamira who was with his family in a house was electrocuted to death during the same rains.

According to the deceased’s wife Lucia Mikisoni (36) of Chikhutu Village, T/A Kabudula, in Lilongwe, said her husband died by the lightening at around 1500 hours.

Postmortem examinations conducted at Mkanda Health Centre established the cause of death as electrocution Shock.

(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)

0

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram