1. He criticises the MCP for the atrocities of the past. Reminds people that they must not forget what the MCP regime did to the people.
“SOMETHING THAT WE ALREADY KNOW. NOTHING NEW IN THIS”
2. He speaks about political violence and that the President must do something.
“IF CHILIMA WAS WORKING, OR GOING TO OFFICE, HE WOULD HAVE SEEN THE STATEMENT MADE BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY, APM – CONDEMNING POLITICAL VIOLENCE.”
3. He claims that the DPP is responsible for political violence.
“THE CADET WHO UNDRESSED THE WOMAN BELONGS TO THE UDF, NOT DPP.
THE POLITICAL ATTACKS (BURNING OF CARS/BEATINGS) WERE STAGED BY HIS OWN PARTY AND THE MCP TO MAKE THE DPP LOOK BAD.”
4. He wants free and fair elections.
“THE MEC HAS BEEN CONDUCTING FREE AND FAIR ELECTIONS SINCE 1994. NOTHING NEW IN WHAT HE IS ASKING.”
5. He will announce his running mate.
“ALL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO ANNOUNCE THEIR RUNNING MATE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. NOTHING NEW”
Chilima said nothing NEW. NOTHING!
He has just wasted our time with this useless press conference. Tabetse nthawi