Six Family Members Die of Food Poisoning in Ntcheu

Six family members including a couple and their twin children have died in suspected food poisoning in Ntcheu District.

Ntcheu Police Public Relations Officer, Sub inspector Hastings Chigalu confirmed of the  incident and said it occurred at Muso 2 village, Traditional Authority Ganya in the district.

“Four members died on Tuesday morning while the other two breathed their last in the wee hours of Wednesday

“On January 13, at around 1930 hours some family members reportedly started vomiting heavily and were taken to Kandeu Health Centre for treatment, “Chigalu said.

He added that due to persistence of their condition, at 0300 hours, they were referred to Ntcheu District Hospital for further medical attention.

Unfortunately, four members, including a father, Mike Jamali 40, his twins aged 10 years, and a 14 year old boy, died while receiving treatment on Tuesday at around 0800 hours.

Two other members have died this morning and they include a three year old girl, and Ida Samuel 40, a wife to Mike Jamali and a mother to the departed twins.

At least four other members are still receiving treatment at the district’s hospital with a two year old girl in a critical condition.

Investigations are underway to establish the source of the suspected poisoning , and possibly, bring to book the culprits.

Meanwhile, all the six bodies still lie at Ntcheu District Hospital Morque waiting for postmortem.

 

0

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *