Zimbabwe – In a rather sad and shocking development, a 15-year-old Gweru student died after getting electrocuted whilst doing laundry at school.

The Publication  has established that Collen Chinyemba from Kuwadzana Extension in Harare who is a student at Nkululeko Secondary School outside of Gweru, died on Sunday while washing his blankets at the boys’ hostel.

Midlands provincial police spokesperson Inspector Joel Goko who spoke to a local publication The Chronicle confirmed the sudden death of Collin which occurred at Nkululeko Secondary School on Sunday.

Inspector Goko revealed that the now deceased was washing his blankets in a tub in the boys’ hostel when he got electrocuted.

He said Collen who was allegedly inside the tub washing his blankets got electrocuted when he tried to balance himself by holding on to a metal that was above the tub.

“He got hold of the metal which is an electrical conductor and was electrocuted and fell to the ground,” he said.

Teachers and pupils at Nkululeko Secondary School are still in a state of shock as they cant still can’t believe he got electrocuted in the tub doing his laundry just a day after his parents had left him at the school on Saturday ahead of the third phase reopening of schools yesterday.

(Visited 93 times, 1 visits today)

0

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram