ZIMBZBWE – A couple from Nyamandlovu was burnt beyond recognition after forgetting to blow out a candle that they had been using on their way home from a beer binge.

The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) said Sipho Sibanda (53) and his wife Adelaide Tshuma (48) bodies’ were found on Sunday morning by a neighbour who had come to check on them.

Matabeleland North police provincial spokesperson Inspector Glory Banda said the couple’s neighbour noticed that their roof had caved in and household property had been reduced to ashes. Said Banda:

On the 20th of August around 9 PM, Sipho Sibanda and his wife Adelaide Tshuma were drinking beer in the nearby village, they were later passed by two villagers namely Mr Banda Chuku a male adult and Mr Maxwell Nkomo.

Sibanda and Tshuma were evidently drunk and carrying a candle going to their place of residence.

On August 21 at around 7 AM, Chuku visited Sibanda and found the roof of their bedroom fallen inside.

The iron sheets were blackened with smoke and the room full of ashes.

… No foul play is suspected and the necessity for post-mortem was waived by Tsholotsho resident magistrate Mr Victor Mpofu.

Source: Chronicle

(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)


Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram