High Court Judge Dorothy Degabrielle has started giving her judgement on whether or not business mogul Thomson Mpinganjira is guilty of allegedly attempting to bribe five High Court judges.
According to the Judge,Mpinganjira is answering six charges namely;
1. Offering an advantage to a public Officer.
2. Attempting to induce a public officer to perform his or her functions corruptly in order for the five judges to rule in favour of Former President Peter Mutharika and Mec.
3. Attempting to induce a public Officer to abuse his office.
4. Offering an advantage to a public officer.
He is accused of offering a certain amount of money to the five judges as an inducement to decide a case in favour of Mutharika and Mec.
5. Attempting to induce a Public Officer to perform his duties corruptly.
6. Attempting to induce a public officer to abuse his office.
More details to follow..