A 34-year-old man, Yeretsani Sautsani, has died after being electrocuted by Escom live wires.

Dedza Police deputy publicist, Cassim Manda, said the incident happened today at Ngonda Village in the area of Traditional Authority Kasumbu.

“It was learnt that due to his mental problem, Sautsani had a tendency of climbing Escom power poles,” he said.

According to Manda, Sautsani was seen climbing an ESCOM pole and touched a live wire, which caused a massive spark as electricity surged through him.

An autopsy conducted at Dedza District Hospital has revealed that Sautsani’s death was due to electrocution secondary to electrical shock.

He hailed from Kasumbu Village in the area of Traditional Authority Kasumbu in Dedza District.

Source:times

(Visited 32 times, 32 visits today)


Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram