Twelve people have been admitted to Chiradzulu District Hospital after drinking thobwa (sweet brew) suspected to be poisoned.

The victims include two year old kids.

District Police spokesperson Sergeant Innocent Moses said that on Monday morning that the incident happened at Masapula village in Traditional Authority Mpama in the district.

Police say after the victims took the sweet brew, they started opening bowels and vomiting.

The remaining samples of mgaiwa (maize flower) is expected to be taken to Bwemba Research Station for pathology.

(Visited 5 times, 5 visits today)


Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram