Presidential Advisor on youth and arts Lucius Banda has said government is ready to take Hip hop artist Martse, real name Martin Nkhata abroad to seek medical treatment.
Martse has suffered serious burns after a house he was sleeping in caught fire in Monkey Bay (Mangochi).
The artist is currently admitted at Queen Elizabeth Central (QECH) in the commercial capital Blantyre.
Writing on his official facebook page Banda expressed shock over the accident.
“I have learned with shock about the sad incident that has happened to one of our Artists, Martse. l pray to God that he gets well soonest.
“On behalf of the Government, I should assure the family that we are set and ready to come in if anything beyond what is already being done in our hospital, may be recommended for him. We stand with Martse in this difficult time,” wrote Banda.
Meanwhile, Malawians have taken to social media to wish Martse well.