Some of us can be deceived into thinking all the foods we eat are healthy for our dogs. According to Healthline, some of the foods we eat can be poisonous to dogs. We need to exercise discretion when feeding them.
Our pets are the next consumers we think of when we don’t want our food to waste. However, we need to know the foods that are toxic to them so that we don’t cause health problems that can affect their growth. The following are foods we eat that shouldn’t be given to our dogs:
1. Never give them grapes to eat because they contain substances that can be toxic to their kidneys and cause them to malfunction. Eating just a little grape can even cause death for dogs.
2. Onions and garlic can cause gastrointestinal disorders for dogs or a shortage of red blood cells in their bodies. Onions and garlic can be healthy for us humans but are unhealthy for dogs.
3. Never give your dogs chocolate or coffee because they contain substances that are extremely toxic to them. This can cause diarrhea and intestinal disorders like regurgitation in them after eating it.
Some dogs can begin to urinate frequently or breathe heavily. Coffee and chocolate, especially dark chocolate, are high in methylxanthine, which can put your pets in a restless condition and cause them to have an irregular heartbeat.
4. Meats and eggs that are not cooked might contain bacteria like E. coli, which can be dangerous to your dog’s health. This can even affect the skin of your dog.
5. Don’t give milk to your dogs because their systems can be resistant to it due to a lack of digestive enzymes required to break down the lactase in the milk. This can cause a disorder in their digestive system.
6. Certain edible nuts, like walnuts and almonds, are very high in fat. This can cause fat retention in the dog’s body, which will lead to diarrhea or irregular bowel movements.
They can also make a dog vomit or have inflammation in their pancreas. Some nuts can even cause abnormally high body temperatures in dogs.