A surprise engagement party in Kenya took a scary turn when the engagement ring was accidentally swallowed by the bride-to-be.
Jessica Hawayu was enjoying a family party when her boyfriend and family organized the surprise proposal.
The plan was to hide the ring in her father’s favorite dish, pilau, but as Jessica ate her food, she began to choke on the ring. Her father had to hit her on the back three times, causing her to vomit and the ring to be retrieved.
Jessica was rushed to the hospital but eventually said ‘Yes’ to her boyfriend’s proposal. Although the plan did not go as expected, Jessica does not regret the memorable day her family gave her.