Globe Internet employee electrocuted to death in Lilongwe


An employee of Globe Internet has been electrocuted while on duty in Lilongwe.

This happened when the deceased and his fellow workers were installing fibre cables in Area 10 suburb.

Escom Regional Manager for the centre, Macvittie Chiphwanya, has confirmed.

“The deceased and his fellow workers were laying a fibre cable for internet around Area 10, unfortunately, while trying to lay the cable, he had climbed a tree and the deceased was using a metal rod, which then touched an Escom 11Kv line, the line sparked and he was electrocuted instantly,” Chiphwanya said.

Globe Internet and Malawi Police Service are yet to comment on the matter.

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel:

Robert Ngwira
Robert Ngwira
Attended Our Future Private Secondary School in Rumphi from 2006-2009 Holder of Diploma in Journalism from Malawi Institute of Journalism (MIJ) Hobbies, reading newspapers, going out with friends, listening to radio and watching football. Email:


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Featured Video

click to play


More like this

Stray Elephants Kill Woman, Injure Child In Kasungu

Grief and shock have descended upon Chafwamba village, located...

Chief Justice for England and Wales jets in Malawi

The Lord Chief Justice for England and Wales, Lord...

Councilor Lottie Chitekwe granted bail

Muloza ward councilor Lottie Chitekwe is temporarily free after...

Man arrested over murder in Mzimba

Police at Jenda in Mzimba have arrested a 26-year-old...