President Professor Arthur Peter Mutharika has released his first Cabinet in the second five year term of office after the disputed May 21 tripartite election which was marred by serious irregularities.
Mutharika has appointed former Minister of Irrigation and Water Development Joseph Mwanamveka as new Finance Minister replacing Goodall Gondwe.
Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) Vice President for the South Kondwani Nankhumwa has now taken the post of Minister of Agriculture, according to the statement released by Chief Secretary to the President Lloyd Muhara.
‚ÄúHis Excellency the President Professor Arthur Peter Mutharika, in exercise of the powers conferred upon him by Section 94 (1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Malawi, has appointed a new Cabinet. The appointments are with immediate effect,‚ÄĚ reads in part the statement.
Below is the full list of Cabinet;
President Peter Mutharika’s new cabinet.
1. His Excellency Professor Arthur Peter Mutharika, the President of the Republic of Malawi, Minister of Defense, Commander-In-Chief of the Malawi Defense Force.
2. Right Hon. Everton Hebert Chimulirenji, Vice President of the Republic of Malawi, Minister Responsible for Disaster and Relief Management and Public Events.
3. Hon. Joseph Mwanamvekha, MP – Minister of Finance, Economic Planning and Development.
4. Hon. Mark Botomani, MP – Minister of Information, Civic Education and Communications Technology
5. Hon. Symon Vuwa Kaunda, MP – Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development.
6. Hon. Benson Malunga Phiri., MP -Minister of Local Government and Rural Development.
7. Hon. Jappie Mhango, MP, Minister of Health and Population
8. Hon. Ibrahim Salim Bagus, MP – Minister Industry, Trade and Tourism.
9. Hon. Kondwani Nankhumwa, MP -Minister of Agriculture, Irrigation and Water Development.
10. Hon. Dr. Susuwele Banda, MP -Minister of Education, Science and Technology
11. Hon. Bright Msaka, SC, MP-Minister of Justice and Constitutional Affairs
12. Hon. Francis Kasaila, MP, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
13. Hon. Martha Lunji Mhone, MP- Minister of Labour, Skill and Innovation
14. Hon. Ralph Jooma, MP-Minister of Transport and Public Works.
15. Hon. Nicholas Dausi, MP, Minister of Homeland Security
16. Hon. Mary Thom Navicha, MP – Minister of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare.
17. Hon. Bintony Kutsaira, MP- Minister of Natural Resources, Energy and Mining
18. Hon. Francis Phiso, MP – Minister of Youth, Sports and Culture
1. Hon. Chipiliro Mpinganjira, MP, Deputy Minister of Defense
2. Hon. Esther Majaza, MP, Deputy Minister of Local Government and Rural Development
3. Hon. Martha Chiuluntha Ngwira, MP, Deputy Minister of Education, Science and Technology
4. Hon. Charles Mchacha MP, Deputy Minister of Transport and Public Works
5. Hon. Grace Kwelepeta, MP, Deputy Minister of Gender, Children Disability and Social Welfare
6. Hon. Mungasulwa Mwambande, MP, Deputy Minister of Natural Resources, Energy and Mining.
Follow our Instagram