Two sibling brothers have died at Mponela in Dowa district after the house they were sleeping in caught fire.

Mponela Police Publicist Sergeant Macpatson Msadala has confirmed the development saying the incident took place on June 27, 2021, at around 06:00 hours at Ngwembe Village.

Sergeant Msadala has identified the victims who were also persons with disability as Labani Ganizani, 18, and Finiasi Ganizani, 16 from Ngwembe village in the area of Traditional Authority Chakhaza in the district.

It is reported that their father was working as a tenant at a certain estate in the area.

The father received his payment after this year’s tobacco season and he took his family to Ngwembe Village where he was waiting to be employed as a tenant from another farmer.

“While waiting to find a house he temporarily sheltered himself and his family in a thatched house,” said Msadala.

On the said day, the man and his wife went for piecework leaving their two sons in the house and the third-born daughter at home.

The daughter lit a match she was playing with outside the house, and the whole house caught fire.

The two victims got burnt in the inferno since there was no one to evacuate them.

At around 08:00 hours the father returned home and found his sons already burnt and dead.

He reported to Mponela Police Station whereby police personnel together with a clinician from Mponela Rural hospital visited the scene and postmortem established that death was due to severe burns caused by fire.

(Visited 5 times, 5 visits today)

0

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram