Information sourced by FaceofMalawi indicates that the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) is yet to be served with the Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) footages that showed Banda in a series of meetings with cashgate convict Oswald Lutepo as claimed by the then Minister of Information Kondwani Nankhumwa.

In December last year, Nankhumwa who is now heading the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development called for the Press briefing in the capital Lilongwe where he publicly told journalists that his officer has delivered the CCTV footage to ACB to support the claims that Banda benefited in the plunder of public funds.

He claimed that the CCTV footage contained 21 meetings of Former President and Oswald Lutepo held at State Residences in Lilongwe, Blantyre, Mzuzu and Mangochi.

The development sparked verbal war between the two with the opposition People’s Party (PP) of conniving with Lutepo to implicate Banda in the Cashgate scam.

Banda openly told the Press that the CCTV at State house stopped functioning during the reign of late President Professor Arthur Peter Mutharika.

Since then the issue died a natural death as there was no one to push for the CCTV footage but fresh findings have revealed that the footage was never delivered to ACB.

Speaking in an interview with the privately owned radio on Monday [Zodiak Broadcasting Station], ACB’s Public Relations Officer Eggrita Ndala said her officer is yet to receive the CCTV from government.

The news has sparked public anger with others demanding the ACB to summon Nankhumwa to explain the where about of the CCTV footage.

Meanwhile it is known if ACB will take any action on Nankhumwa on the matter.

You May Also Like

2 NDEMANGA

ZIMENE MUMAKONDA

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

From The World