By Leo Mkhuwala

A two year old baby boy in Mzuzu has breathed his last after swallowing a balloon amid Christmas celebrations on Tuesday.

The boy who was son to the 41 year old police officer, Justin Banda, had died suddenly at around 18:00 hrs on Christmas day.

He was at the time of accident playing with friends at his grandparents’ residence in the City’s Chibavi location.

After the incident, the grandparents rushed the boy to Mzuzu Central Hospital where he was pronounced dead upon arrival.

The subsequent postmortem found a pinkish balloon stuck in the deceased boy’s wind pipe and therefore, the cause of death was established as “due to suffocation after a foreign body had obstructed the wind pipe resulting to multiple organ failure (suffocation).

The deceased boy’s father hails from Chatambalala Village, Traditional Authority Govati in Mwanza District.

(Visited 58 times, 1 visits today)

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram